Saturday, April 7, 2007

Let's Be Honest.


I couldn't sit here and be ok with myself leaving you with winter poetry (see below). Here's one from Pablo Neruda. sigh.

Stop cursing the cold and breathe this in and think about summertimeeveninglight--yes, that's one word. My picture is of summertimeeveninglight in Hardington, England. Enchanted is the most perfect word for this. And an overflowing glass a water? There isn't a more accurate description. So read at your own risk, I guess. It just might affect you that much. Especially if you are living in the April freeze like I am. And for those of you who lived through the last round of cicadas, just imagine he's talking about crickets.

Ode To Enchanted Light

Under the trees light
has dropped from the top of the sky,
light
like a green
latticework of branches,
shining
on every leaf,
drifting down like clean
white sand.

A cicada sends
its sawing song
high into the empty air.

The world is
a glass overflowing
with water.

5 comments:

Amulya said...

I miss you! :)

Happy Easter K-Robbs!

cps said...

Yes! Come adventuring with me! Any trips planned this summer?

Let's hang out this summer...where will you be?

Happy Easter, dear!

Carolyn in TZ

shannon akers said...

kristen.

i just saw a movie about pablo neruda called "il postino"

if i wasn't in love with him before, i certainly am now.

thanks for the poem.

shannon akers said...

man.

i'm going to go out on a limb and say that we are kindred spirits.

for real.

because i'm just saying that i own jack kerouac's book of haikus and devour it on a regular basis.

:)

katy said...

Kristen,
I just put up springtime poetry all around my classroom (in addition to 18 guppy habitats, which adds to that strange English/science combo), in hopes that somehow spring might emerge. No luck. Maybe I'll add this one:)