Sunday, June 20, 2010

Summer Reading: the final list.

Despite the fact that it has been flip flop weather for quite some time, the trees are full with leaves and I'm sure there are lightning bugs out there somewhere, summers for me as a New Yorker officially start in July. Our last day this year is MONDAY, June 28th. Monday? Seriously? But, we don't go back until Tuesday, September 7th and then have the 9th and 10 off (and the kids only come on the 8th).  Anyway. The end is finally near and I have narrowed down the summer reading choices (and yes, it's ok if you make fun of me because this is my third post about summer reading). I think the final list is pretty great. It will be interesting if I stray. Anyway:

1. Finish the Childhood Favorites. 5 more to go.

2. NYC book club summer picks:
  • Istanbul by Orhan Pamuk
  •  Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky 
3. My mom and I decided to have a mini book club while I am in Kentucky in August. We are going to read a couple Pulitzer winners that we've missed in the past few years:
  • Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Stout
  • March by Geraldine Brooks
4. Mysteries: 
  • The Girl Who Played With Fire by Steig Larrson
  • In the Woods by Tana French

No comments: